I am excited and also a little trepidatious about introducing Genius Hour in our Yr 5 learning space this year.
Excited about the possibilities:
- building relationships
- developing curiosity, creativity and critical thinking
- questioning and solving problems
- exploring and innovating
- developing Habits of Mind
- following our passions and heartbreaks
- making and creating
- engaging all students
- student centered, personalised learning
- blogging our thoughts and reflections
- how will it look?
- process vs product
- what about those paralysed by too much freedom?
- how much scaffolding is needed?
- thick vs thin questions
- letting go of 'control'
I have spent many hours reading blogs, books and tweets on the subject of Genius Hour/20% time/PBL/Mastery Hour/Passion Projects etc and have found some valuable sources of inspiration and practicality, just a few of which I am listing below. Hopefully others may fib=nd them useful as well.
I am excited to see how Genius Hour unfolds not just in our Year 5 learning Space but across our school and elsewhere this year!